Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Quick update - 2 months

Colten is 2 months now and had his check-up yesterday. He weighs 10lbs 1oz which puts him in the 10th percentile, he is 22in long (25th percentile ) and his head is 15in (10th percentile ) overall he is just small and skinny. I can't believe it because Reegan was always chubby. We started giving Colten rice cereal in his bottle at night which helps him sleep through the night. I have to feed him between 830-9 and then he is up at like 330 to 4 at the latest to eat again. He is smiling and laughing all the time and it just melts our hearts. After I feed Colten in the morning I get up to get ready for work so I just lay him on our bed. Nick will get up and say " Hi son!" and Colten gives him the biggest smile and giggle. Nick truly loves having a son, and I love seeing them together.
Reegan is going to be 2 next month so we are having her party on 4/24/10 at my house. I will need address... again for invitations. ( I might just buy an address book too so I can stop asking all the time). She loves school (daycare) and is learning so much. We enjoy reading books and I can never just read one. she will run and say, "other book mommy" and bring me another book to read. She also likes watching her Barbie movie, Princess and the Pauper. This movie has a lot of singing which she is learning the songs and sings and dances to them in her room. We did have to put a tv and dvd player in her room, I know she's so young, but honestly I couldn't take constantly having to watch it with her. As soon as we wake her up in the morning it's, "Watch Barbie Mommy or Daddy" "Princess and the Pauper Mommy". It's super cute but I can only handle so much. sometimes she will grab my hand and take me into her room so we can hold hands and dance to the songs, I love it. She is at such an amazing age right now. She is also getting quite the little attitude which can be difficult to deal with especially when she crys over everything. We try to be as patient as possible but sometimes it's difficult.
I had my gallbladder removed about a week and a half ago. Things have been going well with the recovery but I'm still sore. It's more the muscle that hurts but it gets better everyday. Tomorrow I get my staples out which I am so thankful for. Since the incisions are healing they are starting to itch and it's hard to scratch them with staples in the way, btw I have 14 of them!!! I also started back to school 3 weeks ago and I'm once again on my way to earning my degree. I think that's all for now, nothing to really update with Nick. He is working right now which we are thankful for. Here are some pictures of the kids that were taken on Monday night.






1 comment:

nate and amy crandell said...

Oh my gosh you had to have your gallbladder taken out too!!! It's crazy huh I hated having the staples in my stomach hang in there I feel your pain :) Colton is seriously the cutest!!!