Saturday, January 23, 2010

Colten is here!!

Okay I know once again I haven't posted in a while but it has been kind of hectic with 2 kiddos. First I will start off with the delivery story:

I went in for my normal 39 week appointment which mind you was on Monday 1/11/10. I go into my appointment and the doctor says I'm due tomorrow 1/12/10. I said "What?" The doctor showed me my chart and it said 39 weeks and 6 days??? Now for the past 3 weeks my appointments have always been on Mondays. When I go in the first thing my doctor does is show me my chart of how far along I am. It is always 36weeks and 3 days, 37 weeks and 3 days, 38 weeks and 3 days, then BAM I gained an extra 3 days without even knowing it. Needless to say I was very confused. Well the doc said that if I don't go into labor this week then I would be induced on Monday 1/18/10. I told the doc that it was okay with me if I was induced today and he started laughing and completely shot down my recommendation. Then I asked if he would scrap my membranes to which he replied " I already did." I asked him what the percentage is that this would break my water and he said " This doesn't help break your water but in 35% of patients it helps to put them in labor." That pretty much concluded the appointment since I had no questions and went home. That night I had ZERO contractions and Nick and I went to sleep about 10pm. I woke up at about 11pm because MY WATER BROKE!!!!! Well, it started leaking actually. I woke Nick up, changed clothes, Nick got Reegan up and we took off for the hospital. I had all of 2 contractions on the way to the hospital and they were not painful at all. When we get there we find out that Reegan is not allowed anywhere except the waiting room, so I went back into Triage while Nick took care of Reegan. My water continued to leak out and when I was checked to see how far along I was I had dilated 1 cm since my appointment earlier that afternoon. I got back into a room and my parents met us at the hospital and my labor progressed without any complications. I got my epidural and things were great. At about 830am the nurse kept asking my if I felt like I should push and I kept telling her no. This was a big change because with Reegan I had to keep telling the nurses that I really felt like I should be pushing. Well the nurse thought it would be good for me to just try push and I did and once again, just like with Reegan, he was ready to go and they had to go find the doctor. Once he got there it was about 1 1/2 more pushes and out came our little man at 845am. The whole time I was pregnant I kept saying how big he was and how much of a monster he was going to be. Colten weight 6lbs 14oz and was 19 1/4 in long. He was so tiny! I don't have any pictures yet of when he was born since we forgot our camera and my mom hasn't uploaded her pictures yet. So here are the pictures I do have from the past week. By the way Reegan LOVES her little brother and does so amazing with him. She loves to help feed and burp him. Reegan also loves giving him kisses on the head and getting him his pacifier, even if he doesn't want it. I couldn't have asked for two better kids, we are so blessed!!!


nate and amy crandell said...

ahh congrats!!! he is such a cutie I'm so happy for you guys :)

Taryn and Sterling said...

congratulations. He is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I just found the website who writes about
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home business ideas